Saturday, October 24, 2009

Back to Business

My wireless router kept getting problems in the past week. I decided to get a new one. Now, I am back to business again!!
Over the weekend, I rearranged my picture folders and found this image. It was taken from Lane Tech High School in Chicago when I visited there for doing a workshop.
Lane Tech is an "AMAZING" high school I've ever visited in the U.S. It has over 4,000 students with an open campus. It also has wonderful art collections. If you ever travel to Chicago, you should call the school to arrange a visit. Here's the school web site: http://www.lanetech.org
Lane Tech has 66 significant murals which depicted important industry (ies) of each state. The image I posted here depicts the porcelain industry of Kentucky. I was told that the female potter in this mural is the only female figure you can find among these 66 murals.....
the female potter in the mural
the mural of Kentucky porcelain industry

No comments:

Post a Comment